WPL - The Writing Performance Labatory

WPL Writing Performance Laboratory writing and arts workshop, entitled “who do you see in the mirror” on Saturday, April 31 2010 at 2-3 will be meet and greet from2- 3:30 workshop starts promptly at 3:30 - 6:30 P.M.
Writers, musicians, artists, and all human beings with a heart in their chest and blood in their veins are invited to come and participate in this meeting of the souls as we attempt to evolve as artists by growing as people, first. Peace, love, and uncensored souls are the name of the game. Contact Rain Maker 201 753 1262 or hit up WPLonline@gmail.com





























































Rain Maker

Rain Maker
Illuminated Magick

in the zone

in the zone
ART EMBRACE

Queen Godis

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Journey through Sirreal Photography (no more martyrs)


I stand as if the world needs to go around me
voodoo personified indigo sauce
and tornado laughing in the bricks to my back
i stand for the peace
of war
of abused woman
she told me not to come here said they may
shoot a black man
trigger happy mo fo's they be
she said
but i never figured any of that feared
any of that
i knew my purpose
they called me giant in my youth
so i stand like i was face to face with the clouds
never paid attention to the chicken scratch
of the haters and the people that have
nothing better to do than gossip
about how he aint shit
and we aint shit as a people
as a people i represent the best of we
warrior blooded for battle
lover passion raised to my woman
my queen knows who i be
my kids know who i be
its a shame i couldn't make her understand
why i had to come to this place
make her understand why i had to stand
waiting for them to come
i knew they were too scared to kill me
the truth will scream people into submission
and my daddy told me always speak
the truth even if you are staring death
swinging your halo it stole at your birth
you tell the truth
and let them sort the pieces after
so i am here
because of my father
because of my mother
because of my kids
no
i am here because there wont be anymore
martyrs
they have learned that the truth does not
die with the flesh
so what is the use of putting a bullet through
my brain
of them even thinking about my breath
there will be no more martyrs
kissed my children told them
i loved them just in case
humans or fickle creatures even
with my faith
that i would be home for dinner
and kissing my wife
humans tend to surprise
you
honestly i was waiting for it
waiting for the bang
but none came
silence
i stood there in all my glory
you should have seen it
no bang i tell you
I almost laughed
still tapping the prayer beads
in my pocket
damn
I thought i was going to die today
even still i was home before dark
walked like a hero
picked my wife up in the air
and told
her
there will be no more martyrs

No comments:

Post a Comment